Re: [edit+] repost- How do I get this program off my computer?

  • Richard Maria Haider
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 13, 2002
      Hi Tina.

      > I when i unistall it it says.. I will have to manually delete the ini files...
      > doh... how? it does not say how nor on the site... nor in the prog...

      There are 6 ini files for EditPlus, as far as I can see:
      project.ini, setting.ini, template.ini, tool.ini, editplus.ini, combobox.ini
      And all of them are saved in the EditPlus folder.

      > again... how do I get this program to stop giving me an error message when I
      > I installed ie6 and that did not get rid of it.. I wiped all files with editplus
      > that I could find....

      In IE6 open Tools>Options>Programs and look what HTML-Editor is listed.

      Richard

      Americans - Make love not war!
    • Tina Clarke
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 13, 2002

        > > I when i unistall it it says.. I will have to manually delete the ini
        files...
        > > doh... how? it does not say how nor on the site... nor in the prog...
        >
        > There are 6 ini files for EditPlus, as far as I can see:
        > project.ini, setting.ini, template.ini, tool.ini, editplus.ini, combobox.ini
        > And all of them are saved in the EditPlus folder.

        Hi Richard...

        Thanks I looked for all of those and I don't have them so I must have got rid of
        them in my editplus folder bliz fest....

        However that sorts out the fact that I don't need to find them .... but leaves
        me stuck with the second problem... which is really the main one...

        It's not the html editor I need to sort out.. it's set to FrontPage 2002 as
        normal... When I view source in the browser I get this error message.

        Cannot find the file C:\PROGRA~1\EDIPL~1|eppie.exe (or one of it's components)
        make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are
        available.

        This is what I get each time.. I click ok then notepad pops up with the
        source... but it's a pain.. and I want to get rid of it...

        I'm using windows 98se with ie6 (recently upgraded from 5.1sp2)... still same
        problem...

        Can you or anyone else help with this?

        Thanks for your time...

        Tina