836Re: [edit+] date and time function

  • boofo131
    Jun 30, 2002
      That's what i am talking about, the F8 key. When I click on any http
      link it gives me the error. When I do it in text files or html
      files, I get the error. Ultra Edit let's you click on the link and
      takes you right to the page no matter what kind of file you are in
      if it is a valid link. I can't get it to do it with this.

      --- In editplus@y..., "p_a_daly" <pdaly@a...> wrote:
      > Mmmmm,
      > Not quite sure what you require...
      >
      > When I have a fully qualified link in a file such as:
      > http://www.dalys-house.com/index.html and I press F8 then EditPlus
      > will open the file in the Browser window. This is what I expect.
      >
      > I found that when I wanted to use the built-in EditPlus function
      > open a file on the local computer using F7 it had to be in the
      form
      > of ..\filename.txt(0,0) Having to add the trailing "(0,0)" I found
      > be a pain hence the use of the user tool described previously.
      >
      > Usually though when you get the "page cannot be found, do you want
      > create it?" error... it means that the path or file name is just
      > slightly wrong.
      >
      > Best regards.
      > Paul.
      >
      > --- In editplus@y..., "boofo131" <boofo@b...> wrote:
      > > I couldn't get it to work. When I have a link to a site in any
      > file,
      > > I should be able to double-click on it and have it take me
      directly
      > > to that site. It won't do it.
      > >
      > > --- In editplus@y..., "Paul Daly" <pdaly@a...> wrote:
      > > > Hi,
      > > >
      > > > For opening a file within EditPlus I create a User tool with
      the
      > > > following settings...
      > > >
      > > > Menu Text:= Open Selected File
      > > > Command:= C:\Program Files\EditPlus 2\editplus.exe
      > > > Argument:= $(CurSel)
      > > > Initial directory:= $(FileDir)
      > > > Capture Output = Selected.
      > > >
      > > > You may need to change the command to reflect where you have
      > > > EditPlus installed.
      > > >
      > > > Then with the text selected I run this tool and it opens up
      the
      > > file.
      > > > It will work on relative paths too. So
      selecting "../filename.txt"
      > > > and running the tool will open 'filename.txt' from
      > > > the directory above the current one.
      > > >
      > > > Note: I have "Allow Multiple Instances" deselected in
      > > > Tools->Preferences->General
      > > >
      > > > Best regards.
      > > > Paul.

      Windows