7068Re: [edit+] mac version

  • John Smith
    Jun 2, 2014
      not being nasty here but find a textmate group and ask there !

      TextMate 1 or 2, is there a way to auto-highlight all occurrences of
      selected word?

      When I double-click or Ctrl+W to select a word, EditPlus is able to
      automatically highlight all occurrences in a different colour, very nice
      and useful feature.

      With TextMate I have to additionally hit Opt+Cmd+F, and highlighting colour
      is same as selected word, not very eye-catching.

      --
      Sent from my mobile. Ignore the typos unless they're funny.

      On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 5:27 PM, 'J. Pujals' jpujals@...
      [editplus] <editplus@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I use TextMate 1 and have started moving my new development into TextMate
      2, but it is still very buggy and incomplete. I hear/read that Sublime is
      fantastic. Indeed, most of my peers that swore by TextMate 1 for years,
      have already moved to it.

      In the past, when I was younger and less resistant to change (or at least
      more open to adapt), I tried many different text editors to replace
      TextMate 1 (and to take place of my beloved EditPlus on my Mac), but found
      all of them wanting in some way. I find TextWrangler clunky and hostile,
      and I don't feel at all comfortable using it.

      Last year, I downloaded and installed Sublime, but never got around to
      using it. I was hoping that I could do that at the start of my next
      project, that way it'll grow with me as I progress.

      Cheers!
      - j

      On May 15, 2014, at 05:13, Kelvin Wu kelvin.wu@... [editplus] <
      editplus@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      TextMate 1 is very bad on those double-byte characters like Chinese,
      Korean, Japanense.
      TextMate 2 is much better, but need to manually specify character

      encoding

      before it opens the file.

      Those Mac editors are fine with Unicode encoding, but all have problem on
      detecting extended ASCII encoding, Chinese/Korean/Japanese files made

      under

      Windows by default are saved as ASCII, not Unicode. Most of Windows

      editor

      like EditPlus, are able to auto-detect extended ASCII encoding even OS is
      in English, I feel quite sick when opening these files in the Mac...

      --
      Sent from my mobile. Ignore the typos unless they're funny.

      On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 6:35 PM, Brett Patterson
      b.a.patterson@...[editplus]
      <editplus@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Text mate works well
      On May 14, 2014 12:08 AM, "Kelvin Wu kelvin.wu@... [editplus]" <
      editplus@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Tried TextWrangler, it couldn't auto-detect document encoding when it
      opens files... any alternative that handles multi-language well just

      like

      EditPlus does?

      --
      Sent from my mobile. Ignore the typos unless they're funny.

      On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 5:36 PM, DZ-Jay <dz@...> wrote:

      Hello:
      I switched about 5 years ago and never looked back. I still use

      EditPlus

      at the office but at home I use a Mac. Unfortunately, there is no

      EditPlus

      version for the Mac.

      I do more than web development so I needed to look for a more flexible
      editor that could support syntax and features for different

      programming

      languages. I chose TextMate, which was a very capable editor and best

      of

      breed at the time. Now it's a bit stale, since the developer hasn't
      completed a new version he started more than five years ago (we're

      still

      waiting and hoping with now ETA).

      I have tried others recently, but I find it too hard to switch once

      I'm

      used to one. TextMate is great, and I will very much recommend it;

      but if

      you are starting from scratch, you'll do good to test the waters on

      other

      editors as well. Check out Coda or Espresso, which are very popular.

      Cheers!
      dZ.

      On Feb 07, 2011, at 19:07, John Smith wrote:

      Hallo,

      Been using editplus for years, but hate windows 7 with a passion and
      planning on moving over to the dark side

      Any chance of editplus turning up on the mac ?

      ps.......i know for a fact i am not alone in the developer world with
      this move :)

      On May 15, 2014, at 05:13, Kelvin Wu kelvin.wu@... [editplus] <editplus@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > TextMate 1 is very bad on those double-byte characters like Chinese,
      > Korean, Japanense.
      > TextMate 2 is much better, but need to manually specify character encoding
      > before it opens the file.
      >
      > Those Mac editors are fine with Unicode encoding, but all have problem on
      > detecting extended ASCII encoding, Chinese/Korean/Japanese files made under
      > Windows by default are saved as ASCII, not Unicode. Most of Windows editor
      > like EditPlus, are able to auto-detect extended ASCII encoding even OS is
      > in English, I feel quite sick when opening these files in the Mac...
      >

      > --
      > Sent from my mobile. Ignore the typos unless they're funny.
      >

      > On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 6:35 PM, Brett Patterson
      > b.a.patterson@...[editplus]
      > <editplus@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      >

      >> Text mate works well
      >> On May 14, 2014 12:08 AM, "Kelvin Wu kelvin.wu@... [editplus]" <
      >> editplus@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      >>

      >>> Tried TextWrangler, it couldn't auto-detect document encoding when it
      >>> opens files... any alternative that handles multi-language well just like
      >>> EditPlus does?
      >>>

      >>> --
      >>> Sent from my mobile. Ignore the typos unless they're funny.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic