6999Re: [edit+] Command to insert file name

  • dzfoo
    Mar 4, 2013
      OK, here's what I found: There does not seem to be an expressed command to "insert filename." However, there is a command to copy it into the clipboard.

      You can do this:
      1. Go to Preferences|Tools|Keyboard
      2. Under "Types" select "File"
      3. Under "Commands" select "Copy Name"
      4. Map it to a convenient key (e.g. CTRL+SHIFT+C)

      Whenever you need to insert the file path, you'll need to do two keystrokes: the one you mapped to the "Copy Name" command and "CTRL+V" for paste.

      For extra convenience, you could combine these in a keyboard macro, and Bob's your uncle. :)

      I still think it'll be useful to have an express "Insert Filename" command, so I will submit a feature request to Sangil.

      -dZ.

      --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, DZ-Jay <dz@...> wrote:

      > Hmm... I'll check today to see if that is even possible. I know in the past I have had to go out of my way to get the file path (by opening the Window List, selecting the tab, and clicking "Copy Filename"). If not, it'll certainly be something we should ask Sangil Kim to implement.
      >
      > dZ.
      >
      > On Feb 22, 2013, at 15:22, designwallah wrote:
      >
      > > I'm looking for a command to insert the current file name into the text of the file. A little like the insert current date command.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Francis.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic