6963Re: Insert line number into the edited text

  • f.mariani@ymail.com
    Oct 1, 2012
      I have this working on my laptop, but I have installed EditPlus on a new
      PC, and I now get this error when running the user tool:

      Input Error: There is no script engine for file extension ".js".

      This error text replaces all the text in the file I apply Add line
      numbers to.

      The command is:

      cscript //NoLogo "C:\Users\fmariani\AppData\Roaming\EditPlus
      3\LineNumber.js"

      C:\Users\fmariani\AppData\Roaming\EditPlus 3\ is the path to all the
      EditPlus 3 settings.

      Any ideas?

      Thanks.

      Francis.

      --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "mljones1947" <mljones1947@...> wrote:

      > You're welcome. Glad to be able to help.
      >
      > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "designwallah" f.mariani@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Michael,
      > >
      > > I forgot to thank you for your LineNumber.js file. It does exactly
      what I was looking for.

      > > I did not know you could add JavaScript as a "program" - it's a
      great idea.

      > > Thanks very much,
      > >
      > > Francis.
      > >
      > > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "mljones1947" <mljones1947@> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > I uploaded a file named LineNumber.js which I think will do what
      you want. Create a user tool with the following settings: