      From: DZ-Jay <dz@...>
      To: editplus@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, August 27, 2012 3:19 PM
      Subject: Re: [edit+] I need help to replace

      Ok, that's different. So, if I understand correctly, what you have is:

      1. A list of username records, one per line
      2. Each one prefixed by a number, followed by whitespace
      3. The usernames can contain mixed-case letters and numbers
      4. You want to remove the numeric prefix and whitespace

      If the above is correct, then you can try the following:

      Find: ^[0-9]+ +([a-zA-Z0-9]+)
      Replace: \1

      That should work with the example you posted.

      Notice that the "^" symbol means "match at the beginning of the line." If the username records to not start at the beginning of the line, you can remove that. However, it will cause it to match *anything* that fits that pattern within the line, as many times as it matches.

      dZ.