      Posted by: "barry_andrews" barryand@... barry_andrews
      Date: Mon May 14, 2012 3:14 am ((PDT))

      Hi this is my first post here. Hello to all.

      Like others before me, I wanted to reconfigure EditPlus so that clicking the Paragraph icon inserted a closing </p> tag as well as an opening one. So I applied the edit to htmlbar.acp as described here:

      The only problem was that the advice given was "This is very easy to do. Locate your "htmlbar.acp" file in your EditPlus directory..."

      So I went to C:\Program Files\EditPlus 3 and edited the file I found there. However, this didn't work. Eventually I found another copy of this file at C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\EditPlus 3, edited that, and fixed the problem.

      I am really puzzled: why do we need *two* copies of this file, one in each location, not to mention the other .acp, .ctl and .stx files?

      Thanks in advance for your help in explaining this.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic