6887Re: [edit+] Zen Coding

  • John C Craig
    May 9, 2012
      Hi Bob,

      It's working for me just fine. I went to the new "Zen Coding" menu and
      clicked clicked "Use Zen Coding" to put a check mark by it. Next I typed a
      simple line such as the following...

      div#test

      and then pressed Ctl-e which allowed that text to expand to this...

      I did notice that the cursor should be left on the same line, immediately
      after the word "test", in order for the zen coding to do its magic. If I
      hit Enter first, moving the cursor to the next line, the zen doesn't do its
      thing.

      As one more test, I unchecked the "Use Zen Coding" menu item and repeated
      my experiment. I got the same message you described, asking if I wanted to
      enable the zen coding. I said yes and the zen expansion worked. I checked
      the menu item and it was once again checked.

      If you're still having problems, maybe you should de-install and re-install
      the latest Edit+ version. That might help.
      -John

      On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 11:08 PM, Bob Hindal <boofo131@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Well, I tried that and all I get is an error message that says something
      > like "Zen coding is not turned on, would you like to turn it on?" I click
      > yes and no zen coding. So, maybe I am missing more than just the obvious?
      > er?? ;)

      JohnClarkCraig.com, Sun-Track.com
      LucidLights.com, LucidBrake.com
      WritersSummit.com, BooksToBelieveIn.com, Getting-Published.com
      ForTheWealthOfAll.com, Passivillionaire.com