6875Zen Coding

  • mljones1947
    May 8, 2012
      The latest version of EditPlus supports something called Zen Coding. I had no idea what that was until I just went looking for an explanation. Here's an excerpt from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zen_Coding)

      <excerpt>

      Zen Coding uses a specific syntax in order to expand small snippets of code, similar to CSS selectors, into full-fledged HTML code. For example, the sequence

      div#page>div.logo+ul#navigation>li*5>a

      expands into

      <ul id="navigation">
      </ul>

      The expand abbreviations function includes several other complex functions, such as wrapping a section of code with expanded code.

      </excerpt>

      Geez, I retired just in time! My feeble old brain couldn't handle this stuff.
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic