6730Re: Problems with Windows 7 and EditPlus

  • mljones1947
    Jun 20, 2011
      As someone pointed out, the latest version is 3.30, not 3.21. There is also a patch file to bring 3.30 up to build 605, the latest officially released build. Go to www.editplus.com, and there are links on the top of the page.

      --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" <oraclej2ee@...> wrote:

      > I experience the same problem. The file association on Windows7 is not working with the latest version (3.21) of editpl;us
      >
      > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "Francesco" <f.mariani@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am new to Windows 7, so I apologize in advance if the problem is Windows and not EditPlus.
      > >
      > > In Windows Explorer, when I right-click a file and select EditPlus, I get a busy icon and then nothing happens. If I select "Send to EditPlus" I get a pop-up window "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer" - I select Yes, then it works.
      > >
      > > If I double-click a file that is associated with EditPlus - I get the pop-up, I select Yes, it opens in EditPlus, but I also get another pop-up "There was a problem sending the command to the program".
      > >
      > > Any ideas? I changed the "Privilege Level" check-box for Administrator, but it made no difference.
      > >
      > > Also, how do you avoid the Windows 7 pop-up messages for programs that you know are safe?
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Francis.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic