6653Re: Indented Comment lines

  • Stinger
    Jan 8, 2011
      I'm running UniBasic, which part of UniVerse and UnData databases. It like regular basic. I'looked at UniBasic ones I could find and none seemed to handle indented comments.I've downloaded a couple for Unix, DOS, XML, and HTML. Is there a language you can suggest?

      --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "mljones1947" <mljones1947@...> wrote:

      > What language are you using? There are a boatload of user-provided syntax files on the EditPlus web site. Would one of them help?
      >
      > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "Stinger" <stinger01826@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi all,
      > >
      > > I'm wondering if anyone has been able to figure out, how to handle
      > > 'indented comment' lines?
      > >
      > > I have 3 different types of line comments:
      > > 1- '*' at the beginning of a line #LINECOMMENT=^!*
      > > 2- ';*' at the end of a program command line #LINECOMMENT2=;*
      > >
      > > These two work great for these instances, however
      > > 3- I also have indented comment lines.
      > > Where there could any number of spaces/tabs prior to the '*'
      > > If I remove the '^!' of '#LINECOMMENT=^!*'
      > > I get comment shading whenever I use multiplication (*)
      > > command lines through the end-of-line.
      > >
      > > Is there a way to set it up as a
      > > #COMMENTON= *
      > > #COMMENTOFF=(some way to identify end of line?)
      > >
      > > I have tried '\n', '^\n', and '\\n' but none of them work.
      > >
      > > Does anybody know how to do this????
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Arthur

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic