6646Re: [edit+] VBS weirdness

  • Richard Grevers
    Feb 21, 2011
      On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 00:51:00 +1300, J <morrispeckham@...> wrote:

      > EditPlus broke my computer! There's a work-round, though.
      >
      > If you associate .vbs files with EditPlus then when you open them,
      > instead of executing, they appear in EditPlus. No surprise there. But
      > they also stop working in the Windows script host. For example:
      >
      > C:\>cscript filename.vbs
      > Input Error: There is no script engine for file extension ".vbs".
      >
      > The work round is:
      >
      > cscript /e:vbscript filename.vbs

      You should only set editplus as the action for the "edit" action, not the
      "open" action.
      However, if you're on Vista (don't know about 7) Microsoft has kindly
      removed the UI for this. You will need to hack the registry or use a
      third-party app: See http://forums.techarena.in/tips-tweaks/989159.htm for
      some ideas.
      --
      Richard Grevers