6641Re: [edit+] mac version

    Feb 9, 2011
      Hello:
      I switched about 5 years ago and never looked back. I still use EditPlus at the office but at home I use a Mac. Unfortunately, there is no EditPlus version for the Mac.

      I do more than web development so I needed to look for a more flexible editor that could support syntax and features for different programming languages. I chose TextMate, which was a very capable editor and best of breed at the time. Now it's a bit stale, since the developer hasn't completed a new version he started more than five years ago (we're still waiting and hoping with now ETA).

      I have tried others recently, but I find it too hard to switch once I'm used to one. TextMate is great, and I will very much recommend it; but if you are starting from scratch, you'll do good to test the waters on other editors as well. Check out Coda or Espresso, which are very popular.

      Cheers!
      dZ.

      On Feb 07, 2011, at 19:07, John Smith wrote:

      > Hallo,
      >
      > Been using editplus for years, but hate windows 7 with a passion and
      > planning on moving over to the dark side
      >
      > Any chance of editplus turning up on the mac ?
      >

      > ps.......i know for a fact i am not alone in the developer world with
      > this move :)
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic