6602RegEx Help for Find in Files

  • omcmiami
    Dec 2, 2010
      I'm trying to find the correct Regular Expression to use (actually exclude) files when using the the "Find in Files" search utility.

      I have a VERY large number of backup files that have been renamed as such:

      header-2010-08-16.htm
      header_a-2009-06-29.inc
      header-2010-06-24.tpl

      I'm trying to exclude these files when doing a "Find in Files" search. I've been unable to write a usable RegEx to exclude files named in this manner - namely, any file with ####-##-## in the file name. Since nothing I've tried seems to work, I'm not even sure RegEx's can be used in the EXCLUDE field.

      Can you use a RegEx in the Exclude field of "Find in Files"?

      If so, any ideas on a proper RegEx to exclude ####-##-##?

      Thank you in advance...

      -Rudy
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic