6538Re: [edit+] Suggestion: Comparing/editing two files side-by-side

  • Bronius Motekaitis
    Apr 6, 2010
      I've not tried it myself, but here's the wiki entry on how to set it up:
      http://editplus.info/wiki/User_Tools#WinMerge:_Compare_two_open_files
      Also, I see an old
      thread<http://osdir.com/ml/editors.editplus.general/2008-06/msg00020.html>(hey,
      dZ's there :) ) that describes how EP guides the user to pick
      *which *two windows to compare.

      I am a big fan of BeyondCompare (v2) also. v3 seems to have necessarily
      cluttered the interface, but I never really gave it an honest evaluation.
      Three-way sounds nice, but if you need it, p4merge does a super, elegant job
      of it (for free, as stated).

      -Bronius

      On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 8:05 AM, DZ-Jay <dz@...> wrote:

      > John Smith wrote:
      > > i personally prefer beyond compare but strangely enough the version 2 i
      > > find better than the latest version
      >
      > I like version 3 of BeyondCompare specifically because of the three-way
      > merge feature. The new "Session Manager" thing is confusing and awkward.

      http://www.bcswebstudio.com
      kiosk | web | drupal development