6530Re: [edit+] PHP closing tag inside commented out code stops highlighting

  • Daniel Gibby
    Apr 1, 2010
      On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 12:21 PM, DZ-Jay <dz@...> wrote:

      > Daniel Gibby wrote:
      > >
      > > <?php
      > > /*
      > > bunchof stuff
      > > ?>other stuff
      > > <?php // more stuff
      > > include('something_maybe _or_not.php');
      > > ?> even more
      > > <?php
      > > */
      > > ?>
      > >

      > That code is different than the first one posted, which had nested code
      > blocks.
      >
      > In any case, it is irrelevant because, as I said before, EditPlus does
      > not handle nested comments or script blocks. It is indeed a limitation
      > of the application, but it has been like that forever.
      >
      > I suggest you send a bug report or feature request to Sangil Kim.
      >
      > dZ.

      I'm guessing that the this example is actually what the original poster
      meant, he just left out some of the closing PHP tags.

      There is a PHP block nested within the comment in either case, it is just
      that one would be valid PHP syntax if you took away the comment and the
      other wouldn't.

      I think PHP handles either one the same way though. It just ignores
      everything until it finds a closing */ within some PHP block somewhere.
      As far as EditPlus handling it, I agree, seems like a feature request to
      me...

      Daniel