6439[edit+] Re: Code beautifier

  • mljones1947
    Oct 20, 2009
      I downloaded the trial version, and I don't think that it's going to work as a user tool text filter. Search for "text filter" in the EditPlus help file, which explains how it needs to work. Polystyle seems to work only with files as input and uses stdout for messages, which won't work for a text filter. Bummer.

      Maybe some script hacker could find a way to save the EditPlus text as a local file, run Polystyle on it, then replace the EditPlus text with that from the re-formatted local file, but I'm not up to trying that. That would be useful in many cases. Heck, maybe someone already did it!