6433Re: [edit+] Recovering unsaved files

  • dz@caribe.net
    Oct 1, 2009
      tc_online2000 wrote:

      > Speaking of bak files I'd like to throw out a
      request. I'd actually like
      > to see more bak files - so keep something like 10
      prior revisions
      > (bak01, bak02, etc.). The bak file actually saved
      me alot of time just a
      > few weeks back, but more often in the past, I
      would've like to have gone
      > back a few versions.

      It actually does this. On the Preferences|Files
      screen, click the button "Backup options...". From
      there, tick the boxes "Include directory name" and
      "Include date and time".

      The backups will then be stamped with the date and
      time in the filename every time they are saved.

      Note that this will only work if you enable the
      option "Create backup file when saving", not for the
      auto-save. Then, every time you save your file, a
      backup is made of every version.

      dZ.

      --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, Bronius Motekaitis

      > A default operation of EditPlus is to clutter with
      .bak files.

      [...]
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic