6398Re: [edit+] perl newbie question

  • onlyonehero12
    Sep 8, 2009
      dZ, Thanks for your reply.

      I tried both the settings, it still doesn't work.
      When I run the program using the settings, it prompts me for arguments. When I enter them in the textbox and press OK, however the program doesn't give any output in the output window.
      Strange thing is when I try to close the Edit plus window, it prompts me with
      "Do you want to stop all the processes which are currently running".

      I'm confused :(

      And my file name doesn't contain spaces. It is just named p1.pl

      I did an OS reinstall (Windows Vista) recently.
      In my old EditPlus install, I black DOS like window used to popup asking me for the input.
      And then the output was displayed in that black window only (Not in the output window). I don't remember what were the settings I used that time :(

      Anyone have a idea?

      Thanks for listening.

      --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "dz@..." <dz@...> wrote:

      > Try this:
      >
      > Argument: "$(FilePath)" $(Prompt)
      > or
      > Argument: "$(FileName)" $(Prompt)
      >

      > Make sure that the file name is surrounded by
      > quotation marks, in case it contains spaces.
      >
      > -dZ.
      >
      > onlyonehero12 wrote:
      > > Hi,
      > > I've written the following Perl program in EditPlus
      > >
      > > #!/usr/bin/perl
      > > use warnings;
      > >
      > > $line = <STDIN>;
      > > print "That line was: $line";
      > >

      > > I configured a user tool for running perl program
      > > Command: perl
      > > Argument: $(FileName)
      > > Initial directory: $(FileDir)
      > > Capture Output: ON
      > >
      > > When I run it using this user tool, I'm not
      > prompted for the input :(
      > >
      > > Does anyone know what is the wrong setting I did here.
      > >
      > > Thanks

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic