6395Re: [edit+] Productivity hint

  • pja
    Sep 6, 2009
      Johan Hartin wrote:

      > Tick 'Working directory follows active document' in Preferences/General.
      > Works for me.
      >
      > //Johan Hartin

      Johan (and others),

      I'm sitting at my computer this morning working through some "Learning
      PHP" lessons and my exact problem/issue occurred so let me clarify to issue.

      I tend to use templates (because I'm lazy) so I have a PHP template.
      When I open a new file I use the PHP template. Then I insert the code
      and try to save the new file. The EditPlus "Save As" dialogue offers to
      save the file in:

      C:\Documents and Settings\Peter\Application Data\EditPlus 3\

      not

      C:\xampp\htdocs\dev

      where I am actually working and despite previous "Save As" operations to
      the "...\dev" directory.

      I have the Preferences|General setting "File open dialog restores
      previous directory" un-ticked.

      So then I changed the "File open..." setting to "ticked"; closed
      EditPlus and re-opened it, opened several recent files from "...\dev"
      and did a "Save As" on these files. Then I opened a new PHP template
      file and tried a "Save As" operation and to my shock|embarrassment
      EditPlus offered me the "...\dev" directory - bugger!

      Looks like I don't know how to use my editor.

      Regards,
      Peter
      --
      *Peter Anderson*
      There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to