6273Re: [edit+] Tabs

    May 16, 2009
      And as mentioned before (in case it was lost in the other thread), you
      can also go to the Syntax Highlight preferences in EditPlus and set
      the width of a tab (in spaces) there. This can be done individually
      for each syntax type.

      You can also have EditPlus change leading tabs to spaces and vice-
      versa by selecting such functions from the "Format" menu, which is
      accessible either from the "Edit" menu, or from the right-click
      context menu.

      "...computer programming is an art, because it applies accumulated
      knowledge to the world, because it requires skill and ingenuity, and
      especially because it produces objects of beauty."

      -- D. Knuth

      On May 16, 2009, at 05:08, J wrote:

      > I'm going to avoid the discussion about tabs v. spaces, but the
      > original poster was asking about vim. To set the tab width there,
      > you can say...
      >
      > :set tabstop=4
      >
      > ...and you can make this permanent by putting in .vimrc in your home
      > directory.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic