6264Re: Network Drive names

  • Michael L. Jones
    May 15 6:55 AM
      --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "Leigh Giles" <leighgiles@...> wrote:

      > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "Michael L. Jones" <mljones1947@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "Leigh Giles" <leighgiles@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > G'day,
      > > >
      > > > Is there a way to display the names of network drives?
      > > >
      > > > I am using editplusv3.10(193)
      > > >
      > > > Thanks
      > >
      > > I'm not sure what you mean by "name." The share names, the names given to the shared folders on each server, are currently displayed. The format varies between the Directory window, the File Open dialog box and the title bar, but the share name is always there.
      > >
      > Thanks for the reply
      >
      > In the Directory drop down box I would like to see
      >
      > H: username on servername
      > G: directory1 on server2
      >
      > etc
      >
      > at the moment I only see
      >
      > [H:]
      > [G:]
      >
      > Leigh

      Yeah, I realized this morning that you were probably talking about mapped drive letters. I haven't mapped network drives in so long that I forgot about them.

      I don't think that that you can get both a drive letter and a share name at the same time. It's a Windows thing, not EditPlus. You can access a network drive either through "My Network Places" (Windows XP, I've never used Vista) and see the share name or through a mapped network drive (G:, H:, etc.), but not both at the same time.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic