6140Re: [edit+] Connect FTP Account to Project?

  • major4579
    Jan 8, 2009
      Thanks,

      I have a program "Super Flexible File Synchronizer" from
      www.superflexible.com that does the compare and transfer like
      BeyondCompare - hadn't thought of using the program for this
      application - it took me less then a minute to set it up for one project.

      I've also been using Filezilla for years.

      Still I think that having the FTP Account attached to a Project - so
      that when I hit Ctrl-Shift-S to do a FTP upload on a file in a
      project, the correct FTP account is automatically selected - I'm not
      looking for any more then that.

      Of course, I realize that everybody has their own desired feature that
      they'd like to see added - so I fully understand if this doesn't get
      anywhere with the developer - but I'll still suggest it.

      Thanks for your help..
      John

      --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "Bronius Motekaitis"

      > Yes, that would be a convenient way to operate. I have a similar
      irk with
      > Dreamweaver: it would be good to have options for Local files, Testing
      > Server, and Production Server, but neither tool separates it out
      that way.

      > I think in your particular case you might be interested in BeyondCompare
      > from ScooterSoftware. It does a fabulous job of comparing files
      locally or
      > remotely and gives you all the tools for moving things back and forth
      > between the two environments. Way less cool but much more featured
      in the
      > FTP arena is FileZilla (or any number of other FTP clients) for simply
      > "publishing" once you've produced enough edits to "commit."
      >
      > Hope this helps.. I might recommend making a request to Sangil
      developer,
      > but I can see that as a text editor, this kind of test/production or
      > edit-local, push-remote exceeds the scope of the application.
      >
      > -bronius
      >

      > On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 4:54 PM, major4579 <major4579@...> wrote:
      >
      > > The files I'm working on are stored locally (I only have a moderate
      > > speed dsl connection). When I make changes to a file I use the 'FTP
      > > Upload' as this saves the file to my local drive and then uploads it.
      > >
      > > If I used the 'Save as Remote' then the file is not saved locally and
      > > when I want to load/search/whatever a project's files I would have to
      > > access them over my slow internet. No thanks...
      > >
      > > I hope you can see why I'd like to associate a FTP account with a
      Project.