6139Re: [edit+] Connect FTP Account to Project?

  • Bronius Motekaitis
    Jan 7, 2009
      Yes, that would be a convenient way to operate. I have a similar irk with
      Dreamweaver: it would be good to have options for Local files, Testing
      Server, and Production Server, but neither tool separates it out that way.

      I think in your particular case you might be interested in BeyondCompare
      from ScooterSoftware. It does a fabulous job of comparing files locally or
      remotely and gives you all the tools for moving things back and forth
      between the two environments. Way less cool but much more featured in the
      FTP arena is FileZilla (or any number of other FTP clients) for simply
      "publishing" once you've produced enough edits to "commit."

      Hope this helps.. I might recommend making a request to Sangil developer,
      but I can see that as a text editor, this kind of test/production or
      edit-local, push-remote exceeds the scope of the application.

      -bronius