      From: DZ-Jay <dz@...>
      Subject: Re: [edit+] Which setting makes it ask to add .html extension?
      To: editplus@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, November 3, 2008, 6:01 PM

      On Nov 1, 2008, at 04:49, Tom wrote:

      > It seems like it's a crap shoot for me. Sometimes it asks me and
      > sometimes it doesn't. I just want it to pop up the little dialog box
      > asking if I want to add the html extension if I am saving a file with
      > html tags in it...

      It's not a crap shoot; EditPlus cannot magically guess that the
      document is of type HTML in order to offer the extension. That said,
      there are indeed a few ways for you to let EditPlus know which kind of
      document it is.

      First off, you can select the document type from the Document menu,
      which will cause Syntax Highlighting and all other document-specific
      features to activate.

      Second, whenever you start a new HTML document, just make sure you use
      the HTML document template by selecting it from the File|New menu, or
      the New Document toolbar. This will automatically set the document
      type to HTML and cause EditPlus to offer the extension when you save
      the document.

      I hope this helps,
      History doesn't repeat itself, it rhymes; the events and facts are
      different, but their endings sound the same.