5342Re: [edit+] "Find in Files" returns me wrong line numbers [solved]

  • cyberfunkr
    Aug 7, 2007
      Checking the EditPlus website, there is a semi-recent patch out that
      covers this.

      DATE: 2007-07-10
      BUILD: 514

      This is a patch file to fix the bugs of EditPlus v2.31

      .
      .
      .
      * 'Save wrapped lines with CR/LF' option could corrupt file.
      .
      .
      .

      Apply the patch and see if this fixes your file.

      /Cyberfunkr

      --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "xof" <xofm1@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >

      > Thank you for your ideas. I finally found the answer: the line
      numbers in
      > the search result are wrong because some of my files are no more in
      correct
      > PC text format.
      >
      > I tried to delete line after line in one of the erroneous files and
      noted
      > that only some special lines were counting for two in the search result
      > window. At the end I got a very simple file with a single corrupted
      line.
      > Selecting this line was producing a weird move of the cursor. I could
      > reproduce the corruption with "Duplicate the line" but not with a
      > copy-paste.
      >
      > With an hexadecimal editor, I saw that the mysterious double
      counting chars
      > were something like "0D0A" i.e. Carriage Return / Line Feed chars...
      >
      > In Tools/Preferences./Files., I then discovered that the checkbox "Check
      > invalid CR/CF, null character when loading" was not (anymore?)
      checked! I
      > reloaded my file and got an alert: "The text contains invalid CR/CF.
      Do you