5066Re: [edit+] Re: highlighting text starting with word or character ??

    Jan 26, 2007
      On Jan 25, 2007, at 23:12, akshaysalkar wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I have the below in my .stx file. But yet it seems not to highlight
      > the entire statement starting with WEL, STAR, qwe ??
      > why ??
      >
      > #TITLE=ORAERRORS
      > ; ORA Logs syntax file written by ES-Computing. 2004-02-06
      > ; This file is required for EditPlus to run correctly.
      >
      > #LINECOMMENT=BOB
      > #COMMENTON=/*
      > #COMMENTOFF=*/
      > #CASE=y
      > #SUFFIX1=qwe
      > #SUFFIX2=WEL
      > #PREFIX1=STAR
      >
      > #KEYWORD=Reserved words

      I forgot to mention something: EditPlus does not detect prefices and
      suffices within a word, but requires a word delimiter. This feature is
      not intended to highlight substrings, but to highlight variables and
      other code elements which in some languages include certain symbols.
      For example, in Perl, scalar variables start with $ and hash tables
      with %, so you would set:

      #PREFIX1=$
      #PREFIX2=%

      And it would distinguish between both. But for this to work, the
      DELIMITERS list need to include both symbols, otherwise, EditPlus won't
      catch them.

      If there is a word delimiter between qwe, WEL, STAR, and the other part
      of the string you want to highlight, then it will work, like for
      example:
      STAR:foo

      Sorry, its not perfect.
      Time flies like the wind...