4845Re: [edit+] Possible to remove the space character as a delimiterin a syntax file?

  • dz@caribe.net
    Oct 3, 2006
      Yeah, sorry, I forgot that when I copied it from
      EditPlus. Thanks!

      -dZ.

      Householder[mailto:editplus@...]
      >Sent : 10/3/2006 1:07:48 PM
      >To : editplus@yahoogroups.com
      >Cc :
      >Subject : RE: Re: [edit+] Possible to remove the
      space character as a delimiterin a syntax file?

      >Wouldn't you need a + at the end of the string to
      match a whole word?

      [^= ]+ *= *[^ ]+

      Dean

      DZ-Jay wrote:

      > Hello:
      > Whitespace characters are the de facto word
      delimiters, they are
      > precisely what make words atomic units, so you
      won't be able to prevent
      > that from happening.
      >
      > However, I'm thinking there must be an easier way
      to do what you are
      > trying to do. What is the primary purpose in
      highlighting the entire
      > "key=value" string? Perhaps you can construct a
      regular expression in
      > the "Find" dialog which will detect the whole
      string, with spaces and
      > all, and then its just a matter of hitting F3 to
      select the next one,
      > instead of double-clicking.
      >
      > Here's a simple regular expression that may help you:
      >
      > [^= ]+ *= *[^ ]
      >
      > That will select any character that is not an
      equal-sign or a space,
      > followed by an equal-sign (surrounded possibly by
      any number of
      > spaces), followed by any non-space character
      (pressumably a word
      > character). You should, of course, add any other
      delimiter characters
      > to the [ ] ranges so that they are not included.
      >
      > I hope this helps.
      > dZ.
      >
      > On Oct 2, 2006, at 18:17, Neal wrote:
      >
      > > Is there a way to remove the space character as a
      delimiter in an edit
      > > plus syntax file? I am trying to highlight text
      in the following form
      > > (the names of the colors are just for
      highlighting purposes... the
      > > text could be anything):
      > >
      > > yellow = blue
      > >
      > > or:
      > >
      > > yellow=blue
      > >
      > > I can get the 2nd entry to work. But if there is
      a space after the
      > > "=" the text doesnt highlight blue because the
      syntax file treats
      > > spaces as a delimiter.
      > >
      > > " #DELIMITER=
      > > Specify delimiters for parsing keywords. You
      don't need to specify
      > > the space character and the tab character here,
      since those are
      > > treated as delimiters by default."
      > >
      > > Here is my syntax file:
      > >
      > > #TITLE=Properties
      > > #DELIMITER=,(){}[]+%="'~!&|:;
      > > #QUOTATION1='
      > > #QUOTATION2="
      > > #CONTINUE_QUOTE=n
      > > #LINECOMMENT=#
      > > #CASE=n
      > > #PREFIX1==
      > > #KEYWORD=Reserved words
      > > #KEYWORD=Symbols
      > > =
      > > #
      > >
      > > I have tried "= " as a Prefix as well... no luck.
      Any ideas? Thank
      > > you.
      > >

      > > http://www.editplus.com < http://www.editplus.com>
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links