4759Re: [edit+] EditPlus v2.30 beta status

  • dz@caribe.net
    Aug 2, 2006
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Bronius Motekaitis
      Sent: 8/2/2006 9:19:30 AM
      To: editplus@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [edit+] EditPlus v2.30 beta status

      > > And, no, I do not find its features too obscure. Like many features in
      > > EditPlus, or any any other well designed software, they seem strange
      > > until you use them and wonder how you ever were able to work without
      > > them.
      >

      > Here, here! EditPlus is feature-rich but not at all in an intrusive way.
      > Other prg's pack a lot of features, but they're imposing or tough to use.
      > The only time I've felt the EP imposed anything on me was "Cliptext," which
      > I hide upon installation and never use. It sometimes shows itself whenever
      > I miskey (b/c I am 94% keyboard-centric, and EditPlus lends itself very well
      > to mouseless editing of documents of all kinds), and I go and close it
      > again. I guess I've just never given it a shot before...

      You can go to the Keyboard settings and unbind any key bound to the Cliptext, if you want to get rid of it. I find it useful sometimes, but I much more rely on code-completion. Also, I use the Directory window extensively, so the Cliptext tab is always there, though it doesn't bug me.

      But I agree, EditPlus has many advanced features, and those you don't use do not get in your way at all.

      -dZ.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic