4417[edit+] Re: EditPlus on Linux

  • Herbert Mraz
    Jan 10, 2006
      Has any of you found a way to run Linux shell commands as user tools?
      I'm luckily running Editplus on FreeBSD 6 under wine for quite some time
      now, everything seems to work perfect, with two exceptions:

      1. Document minimize/maximize/close buttons (top right corner) have funny,
      varying symbols attached...
      2. User tools; have not tried to run Windows programs (under wine) as user
      tools yet, but couldnt figure a way to trigger any local Unix programs...

      Herb

      > David Millet wrote:
      >
      >> Amazingly, almost everything in Editplus works perfectly
      >> through wine. Take a look at the following URL for
      >> information on what does not work:
      >
      >> http://www.editplus.info/wiki/Running_EditPlus_on_Linux
      >
      > Excellent page. Thanks for the lead, David. I look forward to
      > giving this a whirl -- having EditPlus in both Linux and
      > Windows will be a great benefit.
      >
      > --
      > Kurt

      Herbert Mraz