3143Re: [edit+] Nested Comments?

  • tailing_loop2003
    Nov 18, 2004
      I've never used a language that allowed nested comments either. Add
      C++ to the list.

      I'm not sure what the point of a nested comment is--unless it's so you
      can comment out whole sections of code that may contain comments while
      your debugging the code. With finished code, I don't see any reason
      for them.

      --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, DZ-Jay <dz@c...> wrote:
      > I think that what he means is that EditPlus does not currently
      support
      > nested comments, for example, give the following code:
      >
      > /*
      > This is a comment
      > /* This is another comment */
      > End of the first comment
      > */
      >
      > EditPlus will assume the end of the first comment when it finds the
      > first */, and so the end of the first comment will not be
      > syntax-highlighted.
      >
      > I wish EditPlus would support nested comments, but I don't think
      its
      > such a big deal.
      >
      > dZ.
      >
      > Justin Watt wrote:
      > >
      > > can you describe further what you mean?
      > >
      > > On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Mike B wrote:
      > >

      > >>Anyone else hoping that Edit+ will someday support nested
      comments?

      > >>--
      > >>GPG Public Key ID: 8383FF01 (http://pgp.mit.edu)
      > >>Key fingerprint: 3C48 4884 F7C1 ABCE 27A2 D225 E482 27D3 8383
      FF01

      > >>http://www.editplus.com
      > >>Yahoo! Groups Links

      > > http://www.editplus.com
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > --
      > Bastard Operators don't just win. Anyone can win. Bastard Operators
      win
      > and totally demoralize. That's real winning.
      > - BOfH
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic