2592Re: [edit+] New member and a question.
- Apr 21, 2004Andy Benz wrote:
> Just saying 'Hi!" as a new member of the group. Also, a question I have hadWelcome Andy!
> for awhile is: Does anyone know if there will ever be a new version of
> EditPlus? There's not really anything specific that I want out of it, but
> I'm just curious.
To answer your question: Yes, EditPlus 2.12 is currently in beta
testing. This week a Release Candidate was distributed to beta testers.
Among the new features included are (taken from the What's New section
in the help file):
* 'Use font language for Unicode and IME conversion' option
* Syntax highlighting for C/C++ numbers.
* Syntax highlighting for C#.
* 'Current file directory' option (Find in Files).
* 'Matching Brace' option for displaying of matching brace (View menu).
* 'Set Marker' button on the Find dialog box.
* 'Cut/Copy/Delete Marked Lines' command (Edit->Others).
* 'File Path Name' command (Edit->Insert).
* Color Picker displays selected color code in current document.
* Recent Directory command (Directory Window).
* 'Files of type' option on Open Remote dialog box.
* 'Always apply word wrap' option (Preferences->Print).
* Toolbar buttons for 'Sort', 'Save As', 'Line Comment/Uncomment', 'Line
* 'Paste as Column' command (Edit->Others).
* Displays server name in the remote file path.
And many bug fixes!
So expect an official release soon :)
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>