2042Re: [edit+] Is there a future for EditPlus???

  • cmujakyl
    Jul 1, 2003
      I'm not sure what you mean by "code folding" but I would love to have
      the ability to expand or collapse blocks of code. Like matching tags
      in HTML (<TABLE></TABLE> would be nice) or matching braces in any
      programming language ( '{' and '}' ). This would seriously save me
      lots and lots of time, and I would be forever grateful.

      --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "jeremywinder" <jeremywinder@y...>
      wrote:
      > What about code folding? I find this most useful. The function
      list
      > could be modified to have it sortable. horizontal splitting could
      be
      > tweaked. for that matter, it would nice to be able to completely
      > open the same file in two independant windows. the bracket fining
      > could be expanded to include tags. Custom graphics on the user-
      > toolbar... There are always things to improve...
      >
      > --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Roberts" <matt@d...> wrote:
      > > I'm not sure there is that much more that can be done with
      > editplus? I mean
      > > I've used it exclusively as my main text editor and code writer
      for
      > a couple
      > > of years now and I've not found it lacking. In fact I keep find
      > new tricks
      > > even now - like the regex search/replace using bracketed
      > expressions as
      > > variables in the replace. Most useful!
      > >
      > > The only thing I'd like to see is its default HTML page layout be
      > conformant
      > > XHTML, but this is a pretty minor thing.
      > >
      > > Of course if someone out there is suggesting some feature it
      > actually
      > > needs? I've heard somepeople like the feature in some editors
      now
      > for them
      > > to be translucent, or unicode support, but thats not something I
      > personally
      > > am bothered about. For me its syntax highlighting, project
      > groupings and
      > > good search/replace thats the most important.

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic