2041Re: [edit+] Is there a future for EditPlus???

  • jeremywinder
    Jul 1, 2003
      What about code folding? I find this most useful. The function list
      could be modified to have it sortable. horizontal splitting could be
      tweaked. for that matter, it would nice to be able to completely
      open the same file in two independant windows. the bracket fining
      could be expanded to include tags. Custom graphics on the user-
      toolbar... There are always things to improve...

      --- In editplus@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Roberts" <matt@d...> wrote:
      > I'm not sure there is that much more that can be done with
      editplus? I mean
      > I've used it exclusively as my main text editor and code writer for
      a couple
      > of years now and I've not found it lacking. In fact I keep find
      new tricks
      > even now - like the regex search/replace using bracketed
      expressions as
      > variables in the replace. Most useful!
      >
      > The only thing I'd like to see is its default HTML page layout be
      conformant
      > XHTML, but this is a pretty minor thing.
      >
      > Of course if someone out there is suggesting some feature it
      actually
      > needs? I've heard somepeople like the feature in some editors now
      for them
      > to be translucent, or unicode support, but thats not something I
      personally
      > am bothered about. For me its syntax highlighting, project
      groupings and
      > good search/replace thats the most important.

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic