1250Re: [edit+] PHP Parsing with EditPlus

  • ybilik
    Oct 31, 2002
      Hi,
      You can customize the output debug in order to jump to lines
      containing errors:
      - in the user tools preferences, for the tool that launch "php.exe -
      l", check the box "capture output"
      - now click "output pattern"
      - uncheck "use default output pattern"
      - copy the following line in the regular expression editbox:
      ^<b>[^<]*</b>[^<]*<b>([^<]+)</b>[^<]*<b>([0-9]+).*$
      - now choose "Tagged expression 1" for File Name, and "Tagged
      expression2" for Line (leave the other one to "None")
      - confirm with OK (twice)

      Now, when running the user-tool, double-clicking on an error in the
      output window will move the cursor in the edit window to the
      corresponding line.

      Rem: I don't know if php output messages have the same format or if
      it depends on the php.exe version. On my computer, it looks like this:
      <b>Parse error</b>: parse error, unexpected T_MINUS_EQUAL in
      The regular expression I wrote above matchs this format.

      Regards,

      Yan
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic