      From: steven.wilber@... [mailto:steven.wilber@...]
      Sent: 15 October 2002 09:27
      To: editplus@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [edit+] Digest Number 314

      I used an editor years and years ago for a programming language that I
      forget now that collapsed chunks of code. It was a really really useful
      feature.. Hiding away mundane code and leaving the logical flow clearly
      visible. I'm all for such a feature in editplus if possible. Could it be the
      killer feature to clearly distinguish it from the rest of the pack.

      Just my thoughts

      Cheers

      Steve

      From: "Andy Couch" <andy@...>
      2. RE: Collapsing document sections
      From: "Jens Vonderheide" <jens@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 12:07:24 +0200
      From: "Andy Couch" <andy@...>
      Subject: Re: Editplus & sftp

      On 10/12/2002 at 6:45 PM wizardof82 wrote:

      >Hi,
      >
      >Is there a way to use Editplus with an sftp server. The server that I
      >am connecting to does not run ftp. Instead it runs sftp. Now I am not
      >able to connect to the server.
      >
      >Thanks,
      >
      >Wizard

      I have never used the FTP feature of EditPlus at all, but as far as I can
      tell there is no support for SFTP. I don't know what kind of legal issues
      there would be to incorporate something like that, especially since EditPlus
      is developed outside of the U.S. But I do know that there are command
      line SFTP clients that you may be able to use by configuring a User Tool,
      but that would only allow very basic options and no graphical interface to
      browse the remote directory structure.

      I have never thought that it was too much work to save the files locally and
      the use an external SFTP client for the stuff I do, but I can see how having
      SFTP integrated could be a nice feature. Perhaps you should send Sangil
      Kim a feature request for this.

      Just my 2ยข.

      Andy

      Message: 2
      Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 14:12:08 +0200
      From: "Jens Vonderheide" <jens@...>
      Subject: RE: Collapsing document sections

      > The key one was the ability to select a block of the document (i.e.
      > from line 10 to line 100) and then collapse it into one line
      > (specially marked as "line 10-100" or something like that).

      This would be a really useful feature. Even better (for me) would be an
      automatic collapse which makes use of either parenthesis or indents.

      Jens

      for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you
      should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please

      arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore
      of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If
      verification is required please request a hard-copy version. This
      related financial instruments.