RE: [edinburghmtb] Re: Pentlands evening ride on Wed 18th May

  • Stuart Nicolson
    Message 1 of 5 , May 21, 2009
      Had a good one last night despite the weather - Andy, Mark, Martin, Craig,
      Fi and I out. I was running late but phoned ahead so didn't delay anyone and
      we met up by Clubbiedean Dam. We pedalled up towards Maiden's Cleuch with
      the intention of heading west but the weather had other ideas so we dropped
      down to Glencorse and back up Phantom's Cleuch as the black clouds were
      rolling in fast.

      By the top of Phantom's the rain had caught up with us - a quick scoot down
      Scalextrics got us back to the treeline and despite the hammering rain, it
      didn't take much persuasion to get the team to head towards Poet's Glen. A
      quick rattle down there and back along Water of Leith in the pouring rain
      saw us back in Colinton not long before 9, a good ride out.

      I'm not able to organise this for the next 2 or 3 weeks but if anyone is
      keen to sort a Wed night ride then just post something up and I'm sure
      people will be on for it.

      Pentlands are riding well and it's light until 9.30 so should make the most
      of it.

      Stuart