郡 kun-yomi

  • Alexandru Pojoga
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2011
      Happy New Year!

      Bringing this up just in case: Kanjidic has 郡 as こうり, whereas EDICT and other dictionaries list it as こおり.

      Sincerely,
      Alexandru Pojoga
    • Jim Breen
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 7, 2011
        2011/1/2 Alexandru Pojoga <apojoga@...>

        > Happy New Year!

        Yes, Happy New Year to everyone. I'm back from the wilds, and am working away
        at the email backlog - I'm down to the last 30 or so unread ones, but
        they are the
        ones that will take time to handle.

        > Bringing this up just in case: Kanjidic has 郡 as こうり, whereas EDICT and other dictionaries list it as こおり.

        Yes, that's an ancient mistake, doubtless due to the use of a romaji source such
        as Nelson many years ago. I have now changed the master file, so the correct
        reading will be distributed tomorrow.

        Cheers

        Jim

        --
        Jim Breen
        Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Clayton School of IT, Monash University
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 25, 2011
          > Bringing this up just in case: Kanjidic has ·´ as ¤³¤¦¤ê, whereas EDICT and other dictionaries list it as ¤³¤ª¤ê.

          It would be fine, if Yahoo Groups could finally manage to display Kanji on group homepages.
          I asked/complained many times - not a single time I got an answer from their "support".

          So, I moved a new group onto Google Groups - what about JMdict/EDICT - stay ?

          Regards
          Michael
        • Jim Breen
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 25, 2011
            On 25 June 2011 22:35, mkengel <mkengel@...> wrote:
            >> Bringing this up just in case: Kanjidic has ·´ as ¤³¤¦¤ê, whereas EDICT and other dictionaries list it as ¤³¤ª¤ê.

            Hmmm. Posted in ISO-8859-1, but containing EUC-JP.

            Do you mean 郡, こおり and こうり?

            If so, Kanjidic has こおり as well. Perhaps you are looking at a very old version.
            What's the date? (First line).

            > It would be fine, if Yahoo Groups could finally manage to display Kanji on group homepages.
            > I asked/complained many times - not a single time I got an answer from their "support".

            Yes, they're hopeless. They display Japanese OK; it's Japanese entered via their
            WWW interface that often gets the coding screwed up. If you just use the list
            from other mailers it's OK.

            > So, I moved a new group onto Google Groups - what about JMdict/EDICT - stay ?

            I should have started the list on Google. Now I really don't want the
            hassle of moving the
            list and all the members.

            Cheers

            Jim

            --
            Jim Breen
            Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Clayton School of IT, Monash University
            Vice-president: Hawthorn Rowing Club, Treasurer: Japanese Studies Centre
            Graduate student: Language Technology Group, University of Melbourne
          • Michael Engel
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 25, 2011
              Jim
              Good morning.

              The referenced line is from a message from someone else taken from the archive.
              If you got the message in your emailer, it usually is OK - but if you
              read the same message on the Yahoo page, usually all the 2bit
              characters are destroyed.

              For the moving of a memberlist, that is easy. Google groups has a
              possibility to transfer a list of email addresses.
              If the members agree, it is done in 1 minute - you as the group owner
              can download a list of the member email addresses from the Yahoogroup
              (if I remember correctly).

              The transfer is worth it, for all members who like to read on the webpage.

              Cheers
              Michael