Where is everyone?

  • gardening_04987@Yahoo.Com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 11, 2000
      Hi!
      I was wondering if anyone has tried cattails? I have heard that almost every part of it is edible at one season or other,( roots in winter,lower stalk in spring,pollen in summer )We have a ton of it around here.Also,I know alot of folks like to eat pulsane,though it looks Rubbery to me.What does it taste like?
      I am also looking for advise on how to remove Tannin from acorn so as they become edible.Do you really have to soak/continually rinse them,or could there be an easier way?
      Anyone?
      Sharon
    • fly_robin_fly@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 10, 2001
        Where is everyone? I am glad some of you checked out my recipes by the
        way, if you have any comments let me know. Thank you, Loren, for the
        Strawberry Tree contribution.
      • Loren White
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 11, 2001
          edibleweeds@yahoogroups.com writes:
          >From: fly_robin_fly@...
          >Subject: Where is everyone?

          Well I am hungry. What can I find to eat in the middle of winter?

          Loren White
          Norman, OK
        • Joanie MacPhee
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 11, 2001
            i dunno, but the big fat squirrels are stealing birdseed and then hopping
            over to the window sill
            to watch me watch them..and then I think about eating the squirrels and they
            run away...that is the only way I can get them away from the bird
            seed...thinking about eating them...3 feet of snow covers everything else
            here....Joanie

            >Well I am hungry. What can I find to eat in the middle of winter?
            >
            >Loren White
            >Norman, OK
          • j. Hayes
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 13, 2001
              Sorry, Loren, but I live in the Bay Area where there are lots of edible
              greens coming up- guess I am spoiled. ;^) Hope my recipes do you some good
              later.