Prickly Pear / Opuntia / Paddle Cactus

  • Tig
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2013
      This is the 4th episode of 'Tales from the wasteland' in it Dogmeat and I go over a desert staple, the prickly pear cactus or opuntia. It can be eaten raw or cooked and is even sold in stores.

      WARNING: The plant is covered in spikes, but the really annoying/painful part is the spiky fur that you may not notice right away. Fire is the preferred method of removing them.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3JrKeuRdU4

      If you have any comments or questions let me know.