Introduction . . .

  • traceyed@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 1999
      Hello everyone,

      I have been a lurker for some time out of neccessity and would now like to take the time to Introduce myself. I am Tracey Edwards and have just moved to Ashe County, NC. I work at a camp called Silver Water Retreat and we are wrapping up our last week of Summer camp. We have one more session, the Rendevous, Aug. 11-15th for families and Adults. The camp emphasizes primitive living skills and as I am a camp cook I have become intrested in wild edibles. We routinely use wild edibles in our meals, including greens, tubers, and mushrooms. Now with Autumn fast approaching (we lie at nearly 4000' in elevation), the nut season is nearly upon us. The berry crop is incredible this year and I'm looking forward to baking fruit pies. BTW, I use a wood stove and have started a list called woodstovecooking@onelist.com. I am looking forward to being an active part of your list! Until later,

      Tracey