Foraging Enthusiast

  • Jenna
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 18 10:33 AM
      Hello everyone!  I've recently become interested in "alternative" living -- building, gardening, livestock-raising, et cetera, especially foraging -- and have just joined several Yahoo! Groups, like this one, that I hope will help me learn more.  I'm fascinated by it all!  I'm especially hoping someone can direct me to a great guide book with color illustrations/photos about what foods to eat.  Any suggestions?

      You can learn more about me from my profile:  I'm a 25-year-old Kentucky native, married, working as an editor, writer, and college English instructor.  I have many interests but only a few passions, and a natural and simple lifestyle has always been one of those passions.  I look forward to getting to know you guys!    Thanks for having me!

    • peaceway@epix.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 22 12:35 PM
        > hello jenna
        i am a raw fooder, well at least 80%, who really values the
        fascinating world of edible greens.
        live in the southeast PA area and marvel at the wonders of the wild
        world
        all winter long my family eats chickweed in salads, smoothies,
        pates.
        do you have any favourite greens for winter?
        this site is not all that active which is sad but maybe we can
        converse
        peace and raw health
        ed
        > From: "Jenna" <melungeonky@...>
        > Date: 2005/11/18 Fri PM 01:33:56 EST
        > To: edibleweeds@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [edibleweeds] Foraging Enthusiast
        >
        > Hello everyone! I've recently become interested in "alternative"
        living -- building, gardening, livestock-raising, et cetera, especially
        foraging -- and have just joined several Yahoo! Groups, like this
        one, that I hope will help me learn more. I'm fascinated by it all!
        I'm especially hoping someone can direct me to a great guide
        book with color illustrations/photos about what foods to eat. Any
        suggestions?

        > You can learn more about me from my profile: I'm a 25-year-old
        Kentucky native, married, working as an editor, writer, and college
        English instructor. I have many interests but only a few passions,
        and a natural and simple lifestyle has always been one of those
        passions. I look forward to getting to know you guys! :) Thanks for
        having me!

        'LIVE SIMPLY THAT OTHERS MAY SIMPLY LIVE'
      • Jenna
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 27 6:22 PM
          Hi Ed! I'm just embarking on my foraging adventure, so I'm currently
          familiar with only winter cress (which really won't be available for
          "harvest" for a couple more months). I assume chickweed is available
          now. Where does it grow best? I supplement my foraging by growing
          spinach, kale, and collards in my small garden, but I plan to return
          that space to nature as soon as I learn more about wild edibles. What
          wonderful stuff! I've also been enjoying the hickory nuts I've
          gathered from the nearby wild hills.