Mountain Fest

  • Linda Heller
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2003
      Hello,
      Please I need an Elder to lead us in a Pipe and Inipi Ceremony: can you hel=
      p?
      Please consider coming and bringing children and friends that you think wou=
      ld be interested. Anyone bringing a group of ten or more receives free works=
      hops and entrance. You must email and inform me so we can have your free bad=
      ge waiting for you. We need lots of help with advertising can you please sen=
      d this letter to everyone.                     Linda Heller

      We invite you to attend our
      MOUNTAIN TRADITION HERB FESTIVAL

      Our theme:
      HEALING THE EARTH, HEALING OURSELVES

      We still need some vendors, demonstrators, storytellers for the children, m=
      usicians, elders for earth ceremonies, and volunteers.

      SEPTEMBER 5th, and 6th, 2003
      in Southeastern Kentucky.
      Shoal, Ky.
      Workshops and classes are scheduled for Saturday unless you are bringing a =
      school class and that is Friday.

      An Herb, Mountain Culture, Alternative Healing, Environmental, Mother Earth=
      ,
      Appalachian and Health Foods and Arts and Crafts Festival.

      Mountain Tradition will be bringing together leading herb lovers and altern=
      ative healers from throughout the country and locally to share with us their=
      knowledge of plants and natural healing methods as well as healing the eart=
      h ceremonies.

      $3.00 ENTRANCE FEE

      "Entangled Roots Reunion"

      WORKSHOPS ARE PAID FOR SEPARATELY AND SOME ARE FREE. Vending will be at lak=
      e front and under the full moon. Don't miss it..
      Mountain Tradition Herb Festival this year will be held at the Buckhorn Lak=
      e.
      Mountain Tradition is a 3 day primative camping event on the Buckhorn Lake.=

      Please bring your own camping supplies. We suggest the following: musical
      instruments, tent, bedding, flashlight, natural toiletries that will not ha=
      rm the environment (there are no showers: we will be bathing in the lake, pi=
      cnic blankets, towels and swimwear, floor chairs and whatever else makes you=
      comfy.

      Appalachian and Health Foods will be sold at event. If you would rather sta=
      y in a hotel; call the Buckhorn Lodge immediately and reserve your room. It =
      is located at the Buckhorn Lake State Resort Park (1-800-325-0058) or 606-39=
      8-7510. This will be a very busy weekend so reserve early. If Lodge is full =
      you can find accomodations in Manchester or Hazard.

      Delicious Appalachian meals and
      vegetarian meals.

      Vendors: Vending cost is $50.00 and includes: camping, workshops and dinner=
      Thursday evening after set-up. Registration is before the festival to bette=
      r serve you. Camp
      set up begins at 4:00 P.M. on Thursday 4th for vendors. School buses will b=
      e coming all day Friday between 10:00 and 2:00 to see all the herbal product=
      s, demonstrations, and crafts. Vending will also run Saturday at the same ti=
      me as workshops and classes.

      CALL LINDA HELLER AT
      606-672-6444 or NANCY CROUSE
      AT 606-374-3379.