Re: [edibleweeds] wild chickweed experience

  • P B
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 17, 2003
      would a stranger touch your food? Did he not think
      that you would eat it? It must be really nice to have
      fresh Chickweed this time of year. We dont seem to
      have any wild Edibles this time of year its all
      covered in thick layers of ice and snow. I do have
      some dried Chickweed from last summer but its just not
      the same. How did your hamburger taste?
      Patty
      --- jerrriw@... wrote:
      > Here is a crazy foraging experience- I went to
      > Berkeley the other day and planned on eating at
      > Mcdonalds. I saw some chickweed and decided to pick
      > some to put in the hamburger. I passed a hamburger
      > joint and decided to eat there instead. Before
      > placing my order, I placed the herb inside a
      > newspaper. which I set on the table. I stepped away
      > and a man opened the paper, seeing the chickweed. I
      > cried, "that's mine!" He said, "yes, I can see
      > that!"
      >
      > Jerri Willmore
      > http://www.geocities.com/colouringpurple
      > http://www.upsaid.com/jerriw

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Voni
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 20, 2003
        Message
        There are ALWAYS edibles.  We just might not know what they are.  There are certain trees whose bark is edible only in winter.  Unfortunately, I can't remember what they are!  LOL

        A nation is judged by how they treat their families, a family is judged by how they treat their children, and our children will judge us all.