Re: new here!

  • jamiepalmerperson
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2002
      --- In edibleweeds@y..., "Mark & Carolin" <mursall@n...> wrote:
      > Hi all! I just joined a couple of days ago. I have been
      interested in wild foraging for a while, but just started getting
      into it. We recently bought 80 acres of heavily wooded land, on the
      river, and there is a pond on the property. To me, this is a perfect
      place to start my wild foraging hobby!

      > So my first project is June plums, or they may be known as June
      berries or Saskatoons. I am from Northern Ontario, Canada, so
      hopefully they grow in your area and you know what I am talking
      about. I am also starting canning this year and have never done it
      before, but what I am looking for are recipes I can make with these
      June plums. I heard that they make really good jams but so far I
      haven't come up with any recipes.

      > Anybody out there familiar with these and have a few recipes they
      want to share? I have a couple of quarts picked already.

      > Thanks!
      > Carolin

      hello, i dont know if the first message i typed got sent or not so i
      will try this again. juneberries are commonly called serviceberries
      in these parts so i didnt realize exactely what you were looking for
      until i did a little research and found that i have a recipe for the
      service berry jelly. i scanned it but i am unable to figure out how
      to attach a file to this letter here. maybe if i had your email
      address or some information about how to attach the file i will get
      it to you as soon as possible. i hope you are enjoying foraging, how
      much experience do you have?
      respond soon so i can get that information to you
      love jamie