hi all!

  • lilyphaire
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17 2:21 PM
      HI EVERYONE...
      you may see me listed as either "lilyphaire" or "pat forshey". just
      call me plain ol' pattie!
      i am the co-moderator of an heirloom forum, a devout heirloom seed
      saver/grower/fiend, and have just gotten into the wild edibles. why,
      tonight's dinner is mashed elephant ear spiced w/peppergrass, side of
      sauteeed purslane, spanish needle, garlic mustard and nut sedge. all
      picked from the yard. if you can't beat 'em...eat 'em, as they say.
      i recently finished getting my degree in horticultural science, and
      my father, dr, c.g. forshey, is a retired research pomologist of the
      NY agricultural research labotratory ( highland, NY ), division of
      cornell. he is THE apple/pear guy ( "polm" being french for apple )-
      and despite being retired at the ripe old age of 77, he stills
      travels internationally to consult. so agriculture and horticulture
      run deep here...
      i am most excited about learning what i can/cannot eat out
      there...and since i am new to this whole adventure, i will surely
      appreciate any recipes and cultural notes you can extend my way.
      nice to meet you!
      peace and green~P