Acorns and thistles

  • whacked@kfogmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2000
      There are a lot of acorns on the ground, I am gathering them and preparing to eat them. Euell Gibbons wrote you can boil them in several changes of water and then roast them- think I will try that.

      About thistle roots- when they are edible the leaves grow in a rosette flat on the ground, there is no flower on a stalk. You can recognize this plant by the leaves. I didn't quite understand Loren's question at first, I guess he was asking whether the plant is in flower the first year. Sorry I didn't get it. In the second year when it blooms, the root is too woody to eat!

      http://www.geocities.com/colouringpurple

      Get your own free email!
      http://www.kfog.com