Discovery

  • tlee169
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 8 1:45 PM
      Thanks for several hours of nostalgia. I grew up in Chrysler Village
      at 64th & Lockwood in Clearing. I worked for the ATSF just after high
      school and also for the IHB at Argo and Norpaul until 1968. I had
      questions about the GTW Elsdon, the Illinois Northern, and the CIW
      that we called the Wobbly which you have answered well. Having been
      in Texas for the last thirty years it is not possible to visualize the
      changes without your generous help.
    • Edward Kwiatkowski
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 9 7:37 AM
        Hi Terry!
        Welcome aboard Eddie's Railfan Page.
        Thank You for discovering My page. I
        am a bit of an amature historian. Although
        I have made the effort to photograph many
        Chicago area things and places that have
        since come and gone...I actually wish I
        had photographed more. Aside from great
        places like the GTW Elsdon Yard, and the
        Santa Fe I.N branch, I wish I had photographed
        the IHB Stock Yards branch -more of the GTW
        Elsdon Yard -55th Street Tower ( I only have one photo.)
        as well as Chesdan's Pizza at Archer and Spaulding,
        and Marzano's Clearing Bowl at West 63rd Street and
        South Central Avenue. Fun Places and Happy Memorys!

        Don't take anything for granted. Get out there
        and start taking those important photos for
        future reference.

        Thank You.
        Eddie.

        Looking for earth-friendly autos?