(Independent Wrestling Related Newsletter) UMW Insider - Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - Issue #1

  • UMW Entertainment
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2005

      UMW Insider

      Tuesday, November 22, 2005 • Issue #1

      • OPENING WORDS FROM CHRIS YORK

      "UMW Entertainment, founders of the Uncensored Massacre Wrestling brand, would like to welcome you to the 1st Edition of UMW Insider. The UMW Insider Newsletter will keep you informed of all the latest happenings in UMW. From humble beginnings to establishing the new frontier, we will bring it to you."

      • GERWECK.NET PICKS UP PRESS RELEASE

      Gerweck.net

      , one of the Internet Wrestling Community's well-respected websites displayed the UMW Press Release from November 17, 2005. This is great news, as not only is Steve Gerweck considered an utmost professional, but his website currently ranks 92,691 on Alexa.com meaning that we are continuing to receive the exposure that we are striving towards.

      Others carrying the story (that we are aware of) include: Steves's World of Wrestling , 4W Wrestling , Ringside SCOOPS , and The Turnbuckle . Be sure to visit their respective sites as well. Thanks to Douglas Nunnally of TheWrestlingVoice.com  for posting the Press Release to these sites.

      • CLEARING UP THE RUMORS

      Despite the name, Uncensored Massacre Wrestling is not vowing to become another "Hardcore" wrestling promotion. There will be some elements of the aptly named "Hardcore-style," but UMW's primary focus is becoming a serious wrestling organization that will be respected by the fans, as well as the media.

      "There will be some bloody battles to say the least, but this will not be our primary focus," says Chris York.

      Another rumor making the rounds is that we have been in contact with Bill Goldberg. These rumors may have started, due to a posting on our Blog. We ran a "Questions And Answers" piece to help inspire fans to get behind UMW, and in this piece, we did a "Wish List" of two top prospects. Our two top prospects for talent that we would most like to sign were The Sandman and Bill Goldberg. We feel that Bill Goldberg's intensity speaks for itself, and that he would be worth every penny to bring him onboard. Unfortunately, no formal contact has been made at this time, but we do plan on contacting Bill Goldberg when the time is right.

      • FANTASY TO REALITY: "TERRIBLE" TERRY FUNK VS "ROWDY" RODDY PIPER

      Although in the fantasy stages at the moment, a match that we would personally like to host on our first show would be a nostalgia match pitting two legends: "Terrible" Terry Funk and "Rowdy" Roddy Piper. But, before we pursue this any further, we wanted to put a Poll up on our Yahoo! Group, and ask the fans, if this was something that they wanted to see.

      Check out the Poll at:

      • SUPPORT UNCENSORED MASSACRE WRESTLING

      Unlike typical Independent Wrestling, Uncensored Massacre Wrestling is planning to hold all of our shows in REAL ARENAS, with CONCERT QUALITY SOUND, HIGH QUALITY LIGHTS BEAMING, and SPECIAL FX!

      Our first event entitled UMW Annihilation is scheduled to be a stellar card featuring well-known talent (formerly of World Championship Wrestling®, World Wrestling Entertainment®, and Extreme Championship Wrestling®). We will be bringing in an influx of homegrown talent in the near future, but for now, expect an action-packed line-up of stars that are instantly recognizable.

      Believe it or not, your purchase of Official UMW Merchandise is a huge contributing factor towards making UMW a success story. At the present time, all revenue generated from sales of this merchandise will go directly towards the UMW Annihilation event. Help us make this one of the most historical Independent events of all time!

      The Official UMW T-Shirt, Jersey, and Spaghetti Tank Top is being sold at:

      http://www.cafepress.com/umw

      • CLOSING WORDS FROM CHRIS YORK

      "Thank you, wrestling fans for believing in us. Working together as a team, we can make UMW a proverbial dream promotion. After all, that's what it's all about!"

      Have a Question or Comment?
      E-Mail us at umwwrestling@... with subject: UMW Feedback.

      © 2005 UMW Entertainment.  Uncensored Massacre Wrestling & UMW are Trademarks of UMW Entertainment.  World Wrestling Entertainment, World Championship Wrestling, and Extreme Championship Wrestling are registered Trademarks of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.