Re: [ecw] You Need a Dream

  • CyK0MaGNeT@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2000
      Yeah, but the point is, these were guys who put their life blood into ECW (to
      coin a phrase) and they were willing to stand by it at no cost.
      You know, it's not about "selling out" or any of those buzz words. It's not
      about how professional wrestling works, or the business world, because I
      understand how it works. If wrestling didn't go through the cycle of ECW
      creating careers, WWF stealing them and enhancing them and then WCW ruining
      them, wrestling just wouldn't be interesting. It's about the fact that
      everyone always gets behind these so-called heroes, but they never live up to
      their promises. You know, I don't blame Tazz or Shane Douglas or anyone
      really for their decisions. They have families to feed, or themselves any
      way, and yeah WCW does pay more and has a lighter work load which will help
      Shane's back. I must admit, I do only watch WCW to see Shane, and now that
      the Triple Threat is reforming, it's a stolen story line straight out of ECW,
      but I still like it. The point is, you know, I'm tired of all these guys
      being cheered and getting higher in ECW than Tommy Dreamer, when he's the
      only one who's really believed in ECW and stuck by it. With the exception of
      New Jack, and non-wrestlers, of course.
      You know, I can't really stand the fact that all these guys were cheered so
      much and got to hold so many titles, when they claimed ECW was the best and
      ECW was better than the WWF and WCW and it was only a matter of time before
      people found that out. But, by going to the WWF or WCW, they kind of turned
      their back on it. In some sense, Taz didn't because he did that ECW show to
      kill Mike Awesome (who I'm going on record as saying is the WORST ECW
      Champion ever). Yeah, Taz left and I was pissed because he dropped the belt
      to Mike Awesome, some guy who was in ECW for only a couple of months. I hate
      Mike Awesome, and I dislike Taz for leaving him as our champion. He has a
      stupid gimmick (no gimmick really), he's big and strong, but that's about it,
      and I mean, doesn't he know the sflb is out of style?? Even Eddie Guerrero
      got the hint! C'mon, Mike!
      Sorry that turned into an "I Hate Mike Awesome" rant, and I forgot what I was
      talking about originally. But, anyone who has to have a character with a
      name like "awesome", they usually aren't. You know, like in music the
      "Mighty Mighty Bosstones"... Not so mighty. The Amazing Crowns... Not that
      amazing, pretty mediocre. So, it just goes without saying, those kind of
      names never live up to their hype. Oh well, this is what you get from me at
      like, 3 am or whenever the hell it is. I'm not really sure any more, but I
      think it'd be a good time to sleep for sure.

      <<Hell, if I were Taz and Vince offered me ten times
      what Paul E. offered me, I'd switch too. You call it selling out. I
      call it making a living.>>
    • Bookhound
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2000
        I can see your point. I don't particularly care for Tommy Dreamer
        myself, but, then, I never have. I do like New Jack, though, and
        cheer for him, good or bad. Hey, anyone who is willing to jump off
        the balconies the way this guy does has my cheers!

        Alan